Indian Coast Guard is an independent Armed Forces controlled by the Ministry of Defence with responsible for protecting the Indian maritime interest. For example, Protects the marine ecosystem or marine pollution, help different authorities to perform operations like customs, Help & protect fishermen, etc.
Indian Coast Guard conducts an entrance examination to shortlist eligible candidates for the recruitment at various posts. However, the entrance exam requires hard work to score good results to be eligible to attend the next rounds of the selection procedure. You need proper guidance along with hard work to achieve good results. For proper guidance, you need to join a good Indian Coast Guard coaching institute. Anchor Academy is one of the best Indian Coast Guard coaching academy in Dehradun. You can join the academy to get the best coast guard coaching in Dehradun
For career in Indian Coast Guard, our academy has complete infrastructure in terms of Classes, Hostels & Grounds and Best Indian Coast Coaching In Dehradun. This Institute has one of the best training faculties in the Dehradun for Coast Guards.
Indian Coast Guard is a very good career opportunity that invites interested candidates to join on different posts. As far as the recruitment in the Indian Coast Guard is concerned, there are two major postings.
- General Duty (male candidates)
- General Duty (SSA-female candidates)
- Commercial Pilot License (SDSA-male/female candidates)
- Technical (Eng. & Electrical- male candidates)
- Law (male/female candidates)
- Navik (General Duty & Domestic Branch)
The candidates appearing for the Indian Coast Guard exam can join Anchor Academy to get good coast guard coaching in Dehradun. You can go through this page to know more details on coast guard exam like eligibility, examination pattern, best Indian Coast Guard coaching institute in Dehradun, etc.
Eligibility Criteria For Indian Coast Guard Exam
For Coast Guard —
- The minimum age to apply for Indian Coast Guard exam is 18 years and maximum age is 22 years.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary scoring minimum 50% total aggregate marks and also 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Physics.
- The candidates also have to meet the physical standard required for the Indian Coast Guard.
For Coast Guard Yantrik —
- The minimum age for the post of Yantrik is 18 years and maximum age is 22 years.
- The candidates must have a Diploma degree in Eng. Branch. The candidates must have cleared matriculation exams and have a three-years long Diploma degree in Mechanical/Aeronautics/Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication eng. The candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- As far as the physical standards are concerned, the height should be 157 cm, weight should be proportionate to height, chest expansion should be 5 cm.
For Coast Guard Navik —
- For the post of General Duty
- The minimum age should be 18 years and maximum age should be 22 years.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary from a recognized Board scoring minimum 50% aggregate marks in total and 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics & Physics.
- The physical standard for the post of General Duty is, height- 157 cm, weight- proportionate to height, 1.6 km running in 7 min, 20 squats, and 10 pushups.
For Domestic Branch —
- The minimum age for the post of Domestic Branch is 18 years and maximum age is 22 years.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary from recognized Board scoring minimum 50% aggregate marks in total.
- The physical standards for Domestic Branch are, height- 157 cm, weight- proportionate to height, hearing ability-normal, physical disability- NO, cardiovascular diseases- NO, 1.6 km running in 7 min, 20 squats, and 10 pushups.
- Shortlisting of Applications : Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased from more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection Board : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Final Selection Board : The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test).
- Medical : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical Examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (P/N) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi / IAM, Bengaluru.
- PABT/CPSS : GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT or CPSS at Dehradun/Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT & CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest Number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
Anchor Academy - Best Coast Guard Coaching in Dehradun
Join the Anchor Academy for the best Indian Coast Guard Coaching in India and get prepared candidates for the Examination, Physical Fitness Test and Medical exam, etc and many of them get success as well. Our faculties are are highly experienced in providing defence sector training and will help you in every manner regarding your selection. We have a well-balanced team of Ex-Coast Guard Officers, Examiners, and Qualified Teachers, etc. We use different tricks to train our candidates physically, mentally and make them eligible to clear the exam. We provide have high-quality study material, physical training ground, regular tests, quiz sessions, and mock tests that prepare students to score good marks in the written examinations.